WindsorContainer Config to Resolver Config

Topics: Feature Request
Jan 10, 2007 at 2:53 PM
Hello friends,

I normally use WinsorContainer in my applications to load DAO Factories (NHibernate) etc...
I'd like to use Resolver as a general Dependency Injection Framework with basic capabilities...

NMVP config file does not contain WinsorContainer specific configuration so i must load
NMVP conf file for MVP pattern in a DI Container and Winsor conf file for "general" dependency
injection in another container.
I'd like to use a single DI container in my application.

What do you think about this ?

If you want i can join your project development to write this and other improvements.

Pietro Loffredi
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2007 at 10:27 PM
Pietro,
I´d be glad if you joined the team for development of NMvp Framework.

Even though I was tempted to leave the configuration file to be just the default Castle one, I believe that this would slow adoption of the framework, since it´s pretty hard to configure (at least for newcomers).

That´s why NMvp´s config file is a lot more focused.

Maybe we can work some way as to have a DIContainer property in the Container of NMvp or something like that.

If you´d like to join just reply with your MSN or if you don´t want to disclose it here just e-mail me at heynemann@gmail.com.

Glad you liked the framework,
Bernardo Heynemann
Mar 20, 2007 at 11:10 PM
I just found this project and I am reading all I can to understand your implementation. I use the Windsor container too. Does NMVP use windsor or have its own implementation? From the sounds of this post, it seems like you have your own DI implementation. I hope this is not the case.
Apr 3, 2007 at 6:17 PM
Is this project still alive?
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2007 at 3:44 AM
Of course it is...
But right now I'm focused in writing the NMVP book and a few other side projects.
If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

As for your previous question I am using the Windsor container, but in a very customized way, so the XML file you use for NMVP is not the same as you would for a regular Windsor Container.\

Thanks for your interest,
Bernardo Heynemann