This project is read-only.

Is this project still active?

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 15, 2007 at 12:04 AM
Hi,

The latest release is Feb 2007 which is 1/2 year ago. Is this project still active?

I have a need for the MVP framework for dotnet. This project seemed to be the most active one so far ( I only found evolution.net and this, there's mavnet but that is MVC rather than MVP) so I would like to join the development team. I am new in dotnet so I have a lot to learn but hey, any help is needed right?

In the tutorial section, some one asked for an example of using NMVP with databound control (e.g. gridview) and object data source. Is there such an example?

Thanks,

BZ
Aug 17, 2007 at 1:16 AM
Well, a proof that it's not dead is that we just started planning iteration 1.0.0. You just gotta understand that as of now, even the team being composed of four people I'm the only one maintaining it, and I do have a job. I know that's not an excuse to let the project die. I'm trying my best.

What you can do to help right now is help me with documentation. Learn the framework, help me build samples, demonstrate it's features, etc.
Another GREAT help is on the next version. This version will be a great refactoring on the framework and thus requires a lot of feedback from the community. As such I'm in need of oppinions on the Vision Statement. Click above in Home / Documentation / Vision Statement / V1.0.0 Vision Statement.

Thanks a lot for the comments, and hope you have success using NMVP. I do! :)
Aug 21, 2007 at 11:01 AM
Heynemann,

Yes I would like to learn more about NMVP and provide an example in using NVMP with object data source in response to the comment made a visitor( "Maybe it would be nice to see an example/tutorial on how one would use NMVP with a gridview + objectdatasource").

I don't really know where to start yet so I'll just read your tutorial more and will start looking at the source code. I did get your chapters but none of them really talk about how to use NMVP yet. But they did provide insights into NMVP architecture so that's good.

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BZ
Aug 26, 2007 at 8:24 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2007 at 8:24 PM
Great! I thought that this project is dead,

I hope I'll have enough time next week to go over the code, and try it,
In the last month I was learning about MVC/MVP, and maybe I will help you!

I'm a webdeveloper (ASP.NET, C#, and in the past Classic ASP).

Ohad.
Aug 29, 2007 at 2:02 PM
Are you alive?
Aug 29, 2007 at 3:00 PM
I am... I got pulse...
:)
I´m waiting on your evaluation of the NMVP code :)

Thanks
Aug 30, 2007 at 6:15 AM
k... :)